If you have passion, enthusiasm, and enjoy working with children, then a career with Great Western could be a great choice for you!
A career in early years is rewarding, enjoyable and profoundly important. Not only do you get to enjoy playing and having fun with children but you are also helping them to develop and learn.
Our practitioners play a crucial role in helping to shape the lives of future generations. Children will use some of the skills they learn with you, such as how to get on with other children, for the rest of their lives.
In choosing a Career at Great Western you are choosing to work for an established, respected organisation with over 30 years experience in offering quality childcare and pre-school education.
Our work ethos is professional, friendly, fun and supportive ensuring that our staff has the best possible environment to develop and learn.
- Realising your career potential through professional qualification
- Receive ongoing, continuing professional development to ensure that you are reaching your full learning potential
- Work in modern, well designed settings with excellent resources and materials
- Work in an environment where your opinion counts and you can influence change through our participation in action programme
- Competitive benefits
- Opportunities for transfer between our 10 locations
Contact us to find out more about a career with Great Western.
Nursery Cook - Great Western Road
We are looking for an experienced cook to provide our children with healthy home cooked meals.
Hours are 5 days a week, Monday and Friday 8am - 3.30pm.
Knowledge and understanding of allergens, food hygiene, infection control, nutritional guidelines, environmental health legislation and regulations and manual handling preferred.
Your role and responsibilities:
• Manage the nursery kitchen.
• Organizing, preparing and delivering nursery meals in accordance with the nursery menus, food policy and individual dietary requirements.
• Prevent cross-contamination of food within the kitchen area.
• Monitoring and recording in writing the temperature of fridge and freezer on a daily basis.
• Maintaining training and keeping up to date with current legislation and best practice in accordance with legislation and guidelines.
• How to clean and maintain kitchen environment.
• Ensure that all foods are ready at the specified time and correctly served.
• Prepare all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner
• Follow recipes and presentation specifications
• Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently
• Maintain a clean working station whilst adhering to health & safety standards
• Assist with the cleaning and organisation of kitchen and equipment
• Restock items as needed throughout the shift
• Adhere to all food hygiene & safety standards
• Menu planning
• Recording food temperatures
• Preparing reports
Training will be given however knowledge of cooksafe and setting the table would be an advantage.
Food Hygiene and infection control preferred however will be provided.
Vacancies are regulated work with children and as such are under the protection of vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG scheme update Check. A confirmed offer of employment will be subject to this and pre-employment checks.
Job Description and Person Specification
Candidate Pack and Application Form